Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Event Scores by Kristen Marie Flores

So as I was going to record my experiences with Yoko's Grapefruit event scores, I decided to create from a few of my own. I let the sporadic happenings or mind drifts in my day become event scores.

#1. Go to a public bathroom, sit inside the stall. Can you make a poem from what is written on the wall?

BOYCOTT

The word boycott was written in hot pink
on the bathroom stall door. I thought it was
clever. BOY COTT. This might be an excellent
recipe to my lovelife. Would I have less
heartache if I just BOY COTT my life?
My life could be simple. I wouldn't
have the same amount of sex, but who
needs sex anyway--all I do is worry about
birth control.

#2. Find out how to say the word rainbow in another language. Tell someone who is sitting next to you.

Rainbow in Spanish: arco iris
Interestingly, Iris is named from the Greek God of the rainbow.

#3. Redo Yoko's Tunafish Sandwich Piece: example (make a different sandwich)


TUNAFISH SANDWICH PIECE

Imagine one thousand suns in the
sky at the same time.
Let them shine for one hour.
Then, let them gradually melt
into the sky.
Make one tunafish sandwich and eat.

1964 Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment