Monday, September 13, 2010

Healing the Wanderer by Kristen Marie Flores

The art of wandering is mostly associated as a walk or journey into an unknown path. My experience as a wanderer was challenged by having poor health and having my wandering reality fulfilled by the universe calling me to the subtleties of bed rest (which I am absolutely horrible at and questioning: How in the world am I going to be able to wander if I am in bed?). Anyhow, I decided eventually that my bed rest was a sign for me to listen and allow myself to heal. I was to be humbled to just rest, surrender to the divine will of the universe, and let the lessons of slowness saturate my mind, body, and spirit.

As I began to surrender my control, I called for healing energy to guide me, and I noticed that a deeper understanding into the world of healing consumed my spirit. I was learning the art of compassion towards myself, which then invokes compassion towards others. One of the most beautiful qualities of surrendering is the call for help and guidance which allowed me to experience the healing light of friends, family, and even strangers. Some of the divine tokens that came along my way were books, crystals, herbs, fresh food, meditation, laughter, massage, mudras, etc. I began to notice the art to healing is a cornucopia of devices which helps bring the wanderer into an inward journey into the unknown. While healing, one gets to discover a very intimate relationship to her/him self. I was able to bring awareness to a new level of sensitivity that I have yet to experience before...like letting myself give into seeing if a mudra could really help my headaches to go away or if meditating with a crystal would help reduce my anxiety while not feeling well.  According to my experience, all of the elements I explored helped guide me through some tough times. The trick to healing is allow yourself to surrender to other energies, and to let gratitude pour into your spirit as you become aware of what you do have. When one does not have their health their spirit is one of the first energies to go and it is very important for the wanderer to realize how important it is to have compassion to their mind, body, and spirit as they are being called to wander the nutrition of their soul.

Some of my faves that I wandered across:

My friend gave me the book: Change Your Life Without Getting Out of Bed by SARK
This book was so amazing! I recommend it to all:


Labradorite and Kuan Yin:

Just google the crystal and goddess above for more insight into their guiding energies!


My headache mudra: Mahasirs Mudra (large head mudra) Affirmation: "I have a free, clear, light, and cool head". I meditated with this mudra and it really helped reduced my headache pain! Also, the book is awesome:



And then those friends who bring laughter to your life:


All in all, one of my favorite quotes from my dearest friends said to me, "You always have just what you need." In everyone's wander through life, I send healing light and love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment